18 Kasım 2008 Salı

Praat is the program we use in our listening and pronounciation course and I hate it.It has prounciations and the diagrams of them.You have to do the most similar one to the diagrams.So It has the capacity to make people get crazy.It has so many bad sides in fact.For example ,you can struggle with it for 7 hours for only the assigment of a week.What's more ,even that time most probably you can't have good results.So it turns out to be a big failure.To make the matters worse,it doesn't make any good for us..Because as you know English doesn't have only one correct way of prounciation and along with this ,the difference between the voıce of men and women creates problem. And when all of these awfull things combine ,there occurs sth unbearable ............

3 yorum:

Mesude dedi ki...

I am not in your section but I absolutely support you about this subject.Sometimes I witness how you get crazy while you are doing praat.I think it is nonsense because a women's voice is different from a man's voice .you cant be reach the same tone if speaker's intonation is different from you.I heard that you have to do it every two week now .I hope you totaly get rid of it soon.

Adsız dedi ki...

I am in this section too and I agree with you.It is a really difficult work for us.We are spending most of our time for this work.It is almost impossible to do the same pronunciation in praat.I am sure that everybody get crazzy while doing this work but we must do it...

hell in dedi ki...

Well I am in your section and I remember doing that homework with you and how you got crazyy:)you are certainly right and the pronunciations differ from here to there and so there is concept of ''accent'' but there is nothing else to do apart from doing it in once in two weeks...